12 Jul 2010 06:43 Filed in: Mac Software
- Go to the blog linked above and copy the script onto the Clipboard.
- Start AppleScript Editor which is located in your Applications/Utilities folder.
- Paste the script into the editing window.
- In the drop-down box beside the words “File Format”, choose “Application.”
- On the left hand side of the window make sure the location you are saving to is the Applications folder.
- Press “Save.”
If you would like, you can take two more steps: (1) park the application in your Dock, and (2) change the icon for your application from the standard script icon to one that is more identifiable for you.
To do this, (a) run the program, and (b) before clicking the “OK” button on the dialog box that appears, right-click on the application icon and select “Keep in Dock.” Now your application will always be available.